Region 5 - Youth Marketing Plan
The youth board, coordinator and regional director have been working together to create a plan for the Region 5 Youth. We see the goals of the youth in a two-pronged approach.
- Create fun opportunities for the youth through the year.
- Youth judging team.
The following is an outline of the plan along with activities and dates. We hope everyone will remember that this plan is subject to change and update through the year.
Fun Activities for the Youth
Fun Activities At Shows
The Youth Plan to hold fun activities at each of the shows along with meetings.
- Northwest Heritage
Ride a Buck Class
Youth Meeting Saturday April 2 between the morning and afternoon classes. The meeting will be held in the room near the restrooms at the far end of the arena.
- Pacific Rim Arabian Sport Horse Show
Dressage ride a buck
Youth party on Saturday in conjunction with the exhibitor dinner
- Cascade Youth Benefit
Stick horse, carrot race, rose/bear shout outs and possibly an egg and spoon.
- IEAHC Memorial Day Classic
Waiting for updates from club
- Region 5 Sport Horse Championship
Design a test partner game.
- Mid Summer Classic
- Region 5 Championship Show
Paint a Pony
- Apple Valley Classic
Waiting for updates from Club
Art Contest (Region 5)
The youth plan to hold an art and photography contest at the Region 5 Championship Show. There is a PDF outlining the rules on the Championship Page of the Region 5 Site.
Off Site Event Bonding (Oct or November)
The plan is to hold a “non horsey” bonding event such as bowling, put put golf or a movie.
Emerald Downs Track Side Tour
Region 5 Arabian Youth is hosting a backstretch tour at Emerald Downs. Saturday, June 18th at 10:30am.
The tour will take us through the stable area and the vet clinic, we may even see some morning workouts…..after the tour we can take a day at the races, which start at 2pm! Fun for the whole family and get to know each other outside of a horseshow. Entry for racetrack will be provided from the tour.
Please RSVP with Danika Overstreet or Kari Amundson
Youth Judging Team
Youth Judging team tryouts are scheduled for March 20th at 2pm at Carleton Farms in Lake Stevens WA. (630 Sunnyside blvd Everett WA 98258).
Participants will have to judge 4 classes and give one oral presentation regarding reasoning to their placings. The top 4 highest scores will move forward to the 2016 Youth Judging Team.
Once you qualify to be on the judging team it is required that you must do the following:
- Attend all Judging Team practices
- Volunteer at one local show and the regional championship show. We encourage the local show to be the Cascade Youth Benefit show and the Regional show can either be the Sport Horse Show or the Main Ring show. Please ensure to work these details out with your youth director.
- Assist with fund raising efforts and sponsorships for the cascade youth benefit show
- Attend 2 local youth meetings
- If you are not a member of AHA you will have to join through one of the local clubs.
To participate please contact email@example.com
There will be fundraising efforts at shows throughout the year. For example a dessert dash at Mid Summer and a silent auction at the Region 5 championship show.
During the judging team tryouts the youth will also be hosting the Snohomish county 4h judging simultaneously...they will judge our horses while doing their own judging.